Monday, September 1, 2008

The spectre

June 2006 was a creepy month for me.
My kids were not around. The eldest son was pursuing his master in UTM, my second son was having his industrial training in Kuching, whereas my youngest daughter was having matriculation class in Labuan Matriculation College.
I resided alone and now is still alone in my own old wooden house.
Some of my friends exclaimed, "Come on, Anita, are you not scared staying alone?
I was once affrighted by my own hallucination or my illusive imagination or may be it really was fantasm. This created a sense of ghosts existing in my house. Was my house haunted after being vacant for two weeks?
It was a chilling experiment I ever had when I came back home after two weeks away to visit my brother in Singapore and my eldest son in Johor.
The first week, I sensed a black figure ghosted across my room and stood by my bed with a suspicious smile looking at me for two consecutive nights . Huh, I was pondering what was that. I kept my bed room light on ever then at night. The phenomena vanished.
The second week, I smelled awful fishy decay remains in one of my room, and pungent smell in the other twos when I came back from work. I sprayed the room with air refresher. The smell diminished. I started cleaning and clearing away all the unused stuffs.
I had a creepy-crawly feeling when I entered my bed room.
SOB SOB, I was suffering from insomnia for couples of weeks.
I was bewildered. Was it ghost or just my psychological disturbances for being staying alone?
I thought I needed a psychiatrist. I prayed and asked for God's wisdom and discernment.
Finally, I made a decision to say a requiem mass for my late husband, and a house blessing session. I told my parish priest, Reverend Father Michael Lee about what I had encountered past few weeks. Reverend Father Michael Lee agreed to celebrate a mass at my house.
A number of more or less 35 brothers and sisters came and attended the mass. After the requiem mass and house blessing, we had a session of fellowship. The door was opened and banged shut. Oh, it might be because of the wind! Every body looked at me weirdly.
Reverend Father Michael told a joke, "Anita, let the phantom one take good care of your house."
"No," I said, "Lord Jesus will take charge of my house. The one had been here for couple of weeks already. It needs to leave my house."
Until then, I could able to take a chill pill. My insomnia was healed.
Now I am fiercely proud of my own independent individualism.
Praise the Lord!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's quite an encounter. May the good Lord continue to bless the place you stay and may His presence be felt.

I never had any of these encounter. Perhaps I am too insensitive, blind, ignorance, and unattentive to the other world. Hehe. I believe that's something good.

Anita said...

I think depression and anhedonia of aloneness brought this phenomena. At that time, some of my friends advised me to seek medium or Melanau dukun. God's grace! my conscience was clear, I should not hold this unnatural practices, this could be a fatal trap for me. 'If I repay good for evil, i will never get evil out of my house.' yes, it's good to have this encounter. I knew God never abandon me. I felt God's presence and blessings.

James TC Wong said...

Praise the Lord for your unwavering faith! May God continue to bless you and your family mightily!

Anonymous said...

Eeeee...must remember if go Mukah, mustn't stay at your house. But me no luck lah! Rented a room in Kanowit 2 years - nothing. After I moved out, they told me the previous tenant got lady visitor in the middle of the night, gave him number and he struck it rich!!! Haiz!!! Poor me...still so poor! LOL!!!

AD said...

It is a blessed thing that in every age someone has had enough individuality and courage to stand by her own convictions

Anonymous said...

wah.. this is very eerie, especially when i'm not alone at home!!!

but actually i believe they can't harm us physically, and they could only install fear and create more fear by pushing at our weak points.

by the way, a question which is not regarded about this.. 25 years anniversary is considered silver or bronze or something? mum was asking that just now..

Anita said...

yes, it brought a lot of fear to me .
silver jubilee. Guess your parents are going to celebrate their silver jubilee matrimony ah, m i right? i memang gebo, LOL!

Anonymous said...

no la.. my mum doesn't even know whether it is silver or wat... she came and ask me, which is obviously the wrong person for this task. maybe when i start working den i'll let sponsor them celebrate their anniversary, so there wouldn't be regrets for not celebrating this silver jubilee because of this difficult year.

thanks for the reply!