Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bali, I am coming soon

Uh-huh! I am going to travel again. This time to our nearby country~Bali, Indonesia.
We had booked our Airasia ticket from Kuching to Bali on 23rd May. Our departing date is on 23rd August and returning on 26th August, a 4 days 3 nights stay in Bali.
Later we came to know that Airasia is terminating the incoming flight from Bali to Kuching starting on 24th August. Oh, my goodness! We will not be able to make up the trip at our schedule. We have made our Bali ground tour already. What shall we do?
We called Airasia Centre and was given 4 options:
a) Refund the airfare
b) Return via KL to Kuching and need to pay the fare difference.
c) Return via Jakarta to Kuching and need to pay the fare difference
d) Reschedule the travel time.
Refunding the airfare is definitely not in our mind. Now, its the matter of air fare compensation . We have to pay the fare difference of RM 300++ via KL and RM200++ via Jakarta. We ended up with Solution c, reschedule the travel time to 16th August without addition of any airfare. Our Bali ground tour is rearranged. Unfortunately our previously booked hotel, Mercure Kuta hotel rooms are unavailable at the new stated time.
I come to know Indonesia Independence Day falls on 17 August, thats why most of the hotels are fully booked.
We had no choice. We made a new hotel booking~Goodway Hotel. It is at Nusa Dua which is to the South-east of Bali Ngurah Rai Airport.
After searching through internet, I was and is quite disappointed. The hotel is not at the seaside. If we want to have a dip in the sea, we need to get a ride. We were told that we can easily catch a taxi to the beach.
Though I live in Mukah, a fishing village by the sea, I never like to dip my whole self into the water because the water is not clear.
Since 17th August is Indonesia Independence Day, I hope we can see Balinese style of celebrating their independence day.
With the help of the map, I shall not be lost, that is for sure.

3 comments:

yk chai said...

What happen to this article? Why all are symbols?

Anonymous said...

Have a safe journey and enjoy yourself puas2 there!!!

Anita said...

yk chai,
i think i had set the post wrongly. u know i am quite new in blogging lol. When i previewed my article, it was ok. My son told me about that too. Is it ok this time?

STP,
thanks! thanks!
I am back safe and sound.