Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bali D 2

After we had our breakfast at the hotel, we went to witness the Bali traditional Barong and Kris Dance.

Barong, a mythological animal represents a good spirit. It has a dragon head and a tiger tail.

Rangda, a mythological monster represents an evil spirit.

Even with the pamphlet which was distributed in three languages, I still could not understand the fighting between Barong and Rangda. It was a fable to me. Here are some of the photos taken, so keep viewing.


This is Barong side view.

Is Barong face like a dragon?

The group playing with traditional musical instrument.

This is Rangda, the monster. Look at the two nenens. wakaka!!

The dancers, servants of Rangda.

We visited a Batik boutique, I bought a sarong which costs IDR150,000 for souvenir. My sis, Rita bought a dress which costs IDR275,ooo.
After lunch, It took almost 2 hours to reach Kintamani. We visited the Tampakspring temple. Inside the temple, there is a spring where natural ground water flows out of it.
I was told that about 75% of the Balinese believe in Hinduism. They celebrate Hari Raya Galungan twice a year.
We were able to see the Balinese doing offerings to their Gods. All the statues were wrapped up with new clothes mainly black and white, some are yellow.
We were asked to tie a yellow ribbon on our waist before we entered the temple. It is an obligation to all the visitors.


The Gapura - The good and the bad. This can be seen everywhere on the way to Kintamini, Bali.

The Tampakspring. (A natural flow of ground water)

The lady carrying the offerings headed to the temple.

These are the offerings they made: rice, kuih, flowers, pandan leaves and IDR.

The tour guide with his 'destar' on his head and the driver.

Do you notice the yellow ribbon tied on the waist?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice! Can get to go to Bali!...Ur sons didn't go with you? Otherwise maybe I can see their photos...and consider one of them as my prospective son-in-law! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!

Anita said...

hey,hey,hey, u can go to my blog archives on June to see my two handsome sons AD and Morgan le...don't ga ga mo kan ngian ma..is our honour to get you as my qin nga and my son's father-in-law lo..wahahaaaaa!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OK...I book one then! Melanau style, ya!...Kawin masuk!!! Man moves in to lady's home! Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Anita said...

Melanau style? He is quarterly Melanau, his nenek typical Melanau o.. I have no objection if my son wants so. bei si boon le..with this atuk to educate my grandchild. ahahahaaaa!