Thursday, January 8, 2009

As I was alone

My daughter left home two weeks ago. I was down with fever, cough, sore throat and a mild asthma attack. I looked up for a doctor and was asked to put on antibiotics and medication to stop the cough and to relieve my asthma.
As I was staying alone at home, I caught the sight of an adorable praying mantis which flew into my house through the window panes. I brought it into my bedroom. It seems to have fellow feeling on me.
Oh, good grief! It came to accompany me during these silent, loneliest nights while I was sick on bed. I was lifted up by its presence. I spent a few nights dawdling with it. Look at the photos I have taken! Is it so adorable?
View Blog

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people...eg. the Buddhists, will probably regard that as some reincarnation...

Anonymous said...

Get well soon Aunt Nita.. Chinese New Year is coming, wishing you all the very best. Oh ya, I'm at KL at the moment so will be appearing less on the Net.

Regards,
Daniel

Anita said...

STP,
hahaha, so it was my late hubby reincarnation as a praying mantis to console me while I was sick. It disappeared without a trace and I am back to my health now.

Daniel,
Thanks for your concern. Wishing you all the best in the new era of your life. Hm..I guess every body will be missing you especially your church buddies in JB. Yes, new year is round the corner and we will be celebrating Chinese New Year in Kuching.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Get well soon anita. Praying mantis? Should put it in video. I think I myself haven't seen this insect for a long time.
See you around next time.

Anita said...

Lunaticg
thanks for your concern. I am back to my health now. Yes, I should have put it in video and enjoy watching its pincher-like forlegs harassing up and down when I tried tickling it with my finger.

Kev said...

Hi, hope you're better now.

Unexpected things do happen to us. Yeah, it could be a reincarnation (for those who believe in it) as normally, the mantis would just fly away as normal insects would.

Keep blogging :)

lunaticg said...

*Psssst*
still at home now or start to go to work already?

Anita said...

Kev,
I don't really believe reincarnation, but I love this insect. It kills my tedious hours while alone at home.
Lunaticg,
Hehe, Start working and now looking forward for CNY reunion with my kids at Kuching.

Anonymous said...

auntie anita,
take care of urself o^^
it's already one month, i think u already recover, right?

I scare that thing, cos it will jump here jump there, hehe...

AD said...

For better resolution, should try macro mode for your closeup pictures.