Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Some Chinese Cuisines

Some Chinese Cuisines I had during my visit to China.
This is one of the dessert. The butter cream coated yam paste. The culinary art is awesome but the taste is so so...

What is this? It was served with porridge in hotel at Hangzhou. I was so curious, I thought it was a kind of edible escargot. I tried tapping with my spoon but it was soft. I got one and tried. Ceh, a kind of preserved veg called 'luo si cai'.

These are what we had for breakfast at most of the hotel in China.

A very famous cuisine in China ~ Salted water duck( 盐 水 鸭). Do you notice that the skin is still fledged? Yuk! Yuk!

I prefer roasted duck rather than salted water duck.

Hahaha, an erected "du ka"!

This fish from Xihu really tastes odd, it has the earthlike savour.

Sweet sour fish ~ more to Malaysian favour.

"Dong po rou" ~ succulent pork prepared in the clay pot is the favourite of our group.

Curry pork? Have you ever tried before? A lot leftover!

A pair of Yangcheng Lake Hairy Crabs ( 阳 澄 湖 大 闸 蟹)which cost rmb120. The tag marks the genuine crabs from Yangcheng Lake.
The hairy crabs in Yangcheng Lake near Shanghai are
one of the most coveted Autumn delicacies for the Chinese. Since it was the beginning of winter, we were able to hunt for this delicacy. The hairy crabs are famous for the tender meat and tasty yolk (ovary and digestive glands). I devoured this pair. Wow, yummy! yummy!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you ate the whole dragon? Wishing you and your family a blessed christmas and a happy and successful 2009.

Anita said...

Haha, if I could finish the whole dragon, I would be be as successful and powerful as a dragon. Lol! Wishing a Peaceful, Happy, Blessed Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Merry X'mas to you and ur family. Eyew...the duck head! The too kha would be heavenly with sambal belacan! LOL!!!

lunaticg said...

Hi!
love the dragon thingy...
nice picture...

Anonymous said...

they all certainly looks good but according to u most of them taste so so onli... i think i better tell my china fren to really recommend some food.

the china breakfast the black thingy look quite geli leh.. wat is too kha? pork knuckle ah?

merry christmas!

Anita said...

STP,
The duck head? you mean you like the encephalon not the skin I suppose? I remember one of the butcher here told me that his grandsons took a lot of these stuff and so they are smart. LOL!

Peanut,
The TG told us that we Malaysian chinese are so honoured and served with all these special cuisines.
Sad to say I couldn't find my favoured sinewy parts in this too kha de..

Johnny Ong said...

that dong po rou and hairy crab ... wow

miss critical said...

hmmm.. it looks very tempting but the salt water duck is really a no-no ... yucks...

Anonymous said...

happy new year!